- All airport transfers listed in the itinerary
- Baggage handling at airports and at hotels
- All tours and excursions indicated in the itinerary
- All entrance fees and transfers needed to operate tours and excursions
- All train tickets, bus tickets and boat services needed to operate tours and excursions
- Excursion to Machu Picchu is aboard the Vistadome
- Lunch in the excursion to Machu Picchu is at Belmond Sanctuary Lodge
- Service of a bilingual licensed tour guide for all tours and excursions
- Meals indicated in the itinerary. B for breakfast, L for lunch. D for dinner
- Hotel accommodation and hotel service charge
● Extra expenses in case of modifying the itinerary due to flight cancelation, strikes or blocking of roads and train tracks by demonstrators or political activists. Travel insurance is strongly recommended.
- Expenses such us beverages on meals, tips, laundry, phone calls and other personal expenses are not included.
Important information on luggage restrictions to Machu Picchu and to the Sacred Valley
Your backpack or carry-on on the train to Machu Picchu should not exceed 11 lbs. or 5 Kgs, and its size should not be larger than 62 inches or 1.57 meters. Passengers taking the "Inca Trail" will be excluded from this restriction.
For passengers with overnight in Machu Picchu or in the Sacred Valley, tt is advisable to leave the bulk of your belongings in your luggage in Cusco; and take only what you need to the Sacred Valley and on to Machu Picchu.
You can also request the “transfer service” of your luggage from the Sacred Valley to Cusco or vice versa for $30 for 1 to 3 pieces of luggage.
DAY 1 - FRIDAY | ARRIVE IN CUSCO | SACRED VALLEY | MACHU PICCHU
Arrival to the oldest inhabited city in the hemisphere, Cusco, at an elevation of 11,440 feet. Immediate transfer to the Ollantaytambo train station in the Sacred Valley at 8,200 feet of altitude. Upon arrival a host will meet and assist you in transferring to the hotel and in registering.
Upon arrival, take the afternoon Vistadome train to Machu Picchu. Reception at Aguas Calientes train station and transfer to hotel. (D)
DAY 2 - SATURDAY | SACRED VALLEY | MACHU PICCHU | CUSCO
Visit the "Lost City of the Incas," Machu Picchu. Perched 8,200 feet above the valley, it was hidden by mountains and semi-tropical jungles for 400 years until discovered by Hiram Bingham of Yale University in 1911. Archaeologists believe that the Inca "Virgins of the Sun" took refuge from the Spanish Conquistadors here. Guided tour of the ruins upon arrival. Lunch is at the Belmond’s Sanctuary Lodge located just a few steps from the Inca citadel. Return to Cusco. (B,L)
DAY 3 - SUNDAY | CUSCO & NEARBY RUINS | LIMA | DEPARTURE
Tour of Cusco and Nearby Ruins – Visitors are caught up in the excitement of touring the ancient capital of the Inca Empire, a delightful combination of Inca and colonial architecture. The tour visits important landmarks such us Cusco's Cathedral, Plaza de Armas and Koricancha “The Temple of the Sun”. This tour of the oldest continuously inhabited city in the western hemisphere also includes the nearby ruins of Kenko, Puca-Pucara, Tambomachay as well as the Sacsayhuaman fortress, an imposing example of Inca military architecture.
Evening transfer to the airport for your departure to Lima and your connecting international flight. Your room will be available until the time of pick up.
Arrive home full of great memories of the rich tradition of Colonial Lima, the snowcapped roaring Andean mountains and lush valleys, and the zig-zag road to the overwhelming sight of Machu Picchu, the amazing legacy the Incas.
Prices includes all tours mentioned in itinerary, round trip train tickets, tickets to Machu Picchu and all flights from JFK.
(B)Breakfast (L) Lunch (D) Dinner
|Machu Picchu||1||Inkaterra Pueblo Machu Picchu|
|Cusco||2||Inkaterra La Casona Cusco|
Land Package Prices Per Person**
|Land + Air Prices Starting From:||$2637|